Let's look at how you can make Instagram work for your North East business...
It doesn't take much effort to tweet a picture of you and your friends before a night out and randomly add some hashtags, but how can you make Instagram work for business?
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social network launched in October 2010, acquired by Facebook in April 2012. The Instagram community shares photos and videos through a mobile application to their Instagram follower base.
- Instagram reached the 150 million active users milestone faster than every other social media site, with the exception of Google+
- 55 million photos are uploaded daily
- 88% of brands on Instagram have shared at least one video
- 54% of brands promote their Instagram accounts through custom tabs on Facebook
- 68% of Instagram users are females
- 37% of 18-29 year olds use Instagram
- 18% of 30-49 year olds use Instagram
- 6% of 50-64 year olds use Instagram
How do I set up an Instagram account?
To set up an account download the Instagram application onto an Android or Apple device, click 'Sign up' and follow the easy steps to make your account.
The steps will include adding photo, creating a username and linking to other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and more.
Once you have followed the steps your account will be set up - voila! Make sure to let people know you have joined Instagram by sharing the news with your customers via your other social media platforms - why not make a blog?
Things to consider
- When someone you follow posts a photo and it appears on your News Feed on your mobile app, you can like the picture by double tapping the image, you will know you have liked the photo as a heart will appear on the picture
- You can also comment on others' posts by clicking comment at the bottom of the post
- You can search for a person, business or hashtag on the mobile app the search button second along on the row at the bottom of your screen
- To tag someone in a comment or a photo caption you can use the @ symbol along with the username like @thrivemarketing
Find more like this via Social Media.