If you've ever searched for a product or service provider, you'll know that search engines, namely Google, are incredibly succinct at providing you with all of the relevant details about local results.
Whether you've been looking for a plumber, cake maker or seamstress, Google is brilliant at bringing you the local answers you need for your search.
Local search is incredibly powerful because 50% of consumers who do a local search on their smartphone visit a store within a day.
That's a significant amount of custom you could be missing out on, if you haven't optimised your online presence for local search results.
11 Reasons Local SEO is Crucial for Your Business
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day
- 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine at least once a day
- 50% of local mobile searchers are looking for business information such as a local address
- 78% of local mobile searches result in offline purchases
- 71% of people surveyed say they look up and confirm the location of a business before going to it for the first time
- 68% of searchers were found to have used 'Get directions' or 'Click to call' call to actions in a mobile ad, for local listings
- 1 in 3 smartphone searches were made right before a store visit
- 89% of surveyed participants admitted to searching for a local business on their smartphone once a week or more - 58% of these searched more than at least daily!
- 46% of all searches on Google are local
- 76% of local searches result in a phone call
- 86% look up the location of a business on Google Maps
[List source: Go-Globe via HubSpot]
To discuss how we can support your business, get in touch with our team today, via email@example.com / 0845 838 7517.