Any website framework from time to time needs attention, and WordPress is no different.
By ignoring those ‘pesky’ updates and recommendations when you first log in to your WordPress based website, you run the risk of causing potential issues and ‘breakages’ within either the foundation of your website, or to particularly add-ons that are key to the functionality and smooth operation of your site, such as booking and review apps.
Typical WordPress websites can expect a number of product updates to be required each month. These are crucial to the security and performance of your website.
Unfortunately, a lot of business owners don’t realise that these regular product updates can cause conflicts with one another, and in particular, the actual WordPress platform. as different elements update and undergo rigorous testing, websites and their add-ons can become unstable causing functionality issues, as well as flaws in security and performance.
Although your website is built and is hosted, it still needs a maintenance plan that goes beyond these two elements - you need support from your web agency, or in-house expertise to regularly review, implement and analyse any impact from these updates.
The implementation of a robust WordPress website maintenance plan can ensure your user experience continues to be a positive one, as errors, broken links and slow loading times all negatively impact the user experience.
With all WordPress site builds as of 2020 we offer a Maintenance Plan that gives business owners the assurances that their website will not falter, and in the unlikely event it does we’re on hand to assist.
Your maintenance plan should cover:
- Regular checks and updates of WordPress core version releases, plugin updates and conflict testing
- Security best practice checks to block potential threats before they can arise, including monitoring and protection against spam, malware and other malicious activities. we always recommend the take-up of an SSL certificate to minimise any such risk
- Regular site backups to prevent any data loss, and secure you in the unlikely event of data loss
- Secure and maintained hosting and server environments, following all best practices
- Performance optimisation upon build and checked as part of regular reviews ensuring site speed and performance remain optimal
- A dedicated account manager familiar with the backend of your site, and your typical day-to-day website performance
Thrive prides itself on its lengthy reputation in the website design and development industry in the North East, ensuring we are a trusted, proactive ‘safe pair of hands’ when it comes to managing your website.
If you’d like to find out more about our website design, development and management process feel free to contact our team on 01325 778786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.